Thursday, June 19, 2008

What I Am To Bee I Am Now Becoming


So what does that mean? Wellllllll......it means I am never what I am for very long. I used to worry about not having an artistic identity as a sculpture, a painter, a papier mache artist, and so on......I have finally made a decision to be whatever I am at the moment, and if so ..........for only the moment. I am happy without having an identity............for that matter I guess having no artistic identity is an identity after all...........you can't seem to get away from one. I like to work in many different artistic mediums. I bore easily, and have resigned myself to the fact that most of the time I actually like the challenge of the creative process more than the completed work. So, that means using many different mediums, many different ways..............to end up with whatever happens. I don't like be limited to working in one medium, or in one style, or on one project at a time. I think the best work usually comes by accident, .............just like the best relationships do. You have no preconceived notions, or expectations, so what occurs is pure..........concidence..........back to my reoccurring raw vision theme of purity in the creation of art. Everyone struggles with their look.............but not having one is a look too! A look that is subject to change at any moment. As the picture above is titled.........What Is It Like to Bee Me?............not in any one spot for very long! I would love to have someone share where they have been.

No comments: