Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It Had to Happen Sooner or Later!


My passion for the spectacle of Halloween art had to appear. Bat Boy could hardly contain himself any longer. I mean it is bad enough to have to have to change appearances throughout the year, but when he heard about the blog ............it was all over, or out I should say. I love love love Halloween and everything about it. I have found throughout the years that people have very definite ideas about Halloween they either love it, or they hate it. There are not too many people that take the middle ground. I think people's past experiences with the holiday, or perhaps sometimes their religious upbringing has influenced their feelings on the subject. As an artist, however, how could you not like the holiday. You have such a variety of subjects to create and you can take them in any direction you wish. Their are no religious icons for Halloween. I think that has a lot to do with the freedom you have to create with no limitations. People, I have found, do not like you to make alterations to their holiday icons whether they be religious, or not as in the subject of Santa. You will be up against some hard times if you mess with the image of Santa........believe me I know. So, be prepared for the "Halloween" in me to pop out unexpectedly from time to time. I know that the secret society of Halloween lovers would recognize me if they saw me, because I always try wear hidden, or not something of the holiday. Hell........O
from Bat Boy!

No comments: