Monday, November 1, 2010

What the Bodies Left at Bodie..........long (o)....



I recently visited the largest untouched Ghost Town left in California. I gave a sneak preview of the town in a previous post.........but two pictures do not do it justice. What an amazing sight to see how those early miners, mill workers etc. lived on the high desert. It definitely was not for the faint of heart..........neither is visiting the town now in present time. Because of its violent and lawless past, there are many myths that some spirits of Bodie still linger, and occasionally make themselves known. As I was walking out of the park, one of the rangers happened to be leaving too. When I asked if she had any encounters with former residents of the town.....she said she had enough to write a book. Here are some additional photos of Bodie......see if you can see any ghosts bodies lurking around the corners. Even though Halloween is over for most..Bodie would be great inspiration for paintings, or a backdrop for art pieces and fashion. I can see a million ways visiting, sketching and photographing Bodie would complement whatever you might do. I was surprised to see the online sale of so many photos of Bodie. It appears others felt inspiration calling.........









































A fitting end for most of the Bodie population........the cemetery markers tell all! Now go to work and make some snow people for Bodie............tis the season for something all year long in Bodie!

2 comments:

Sam I Am said...

oh my goshhhh..i gotta go here!!! i'd love to do a photo shoot here!!

Mary said...

Wow, what an amazing experience that must have been! I would love to wander around all those untouched buildings and take photos, I bet you will have so many great ideas and projects come from this experience. I love your blog, please check out mine sometime, thanks! ~Mary