Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Never Keep the Barn Door Closed............


Hello.........
Some of this and some of that went out the door at the White Barn Winter Show this past weekend..........so keep those barn doors open. This was the second annual Winter Art Show at the White Barn in St. Helena CA.......and hopefully this will spawn many more shows in the future. To say I had a great time with the people there would be an understatement. It also helps when you sell a few things too.....but mostly the merriment is what I am all about. There was the most eclectic group of people showing their work you could ever imagine...and an interesting group of visitors too.......it was like bohemian artists meet society. I don't how the Garden's manage to do it......but they put out the call and everyone comes from miles around....yes, I guess I really do know how they do it.......they are wild, fun, talented, outspoken, and have uncompromising taste when it comes to art and people. I am so pleased to be included in the mix of this show. In between all the laughter I did manage to take a few photos.........but they hardly do the show justice.....that's why I am not a photographer......Sandy Wood photographer to the stars.....where are you when I need you...now she's a real photographer.
















Beau adopted us.......after he found out we had food...........under the table! My daughter Brette, her husband and my grandson Andrew. Brette was my partner at the show! She makes wonderful jewelry.



So........as you can see, this was not all about folk art........there were many types of art represented......and that was the surprise of it all.......something for every one's individual tastes, and gifts



1 comment:

Pam Aries said...

OH BOY! now that is right up my alley..Love a good artsy show. Hope you are doing well