Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Of All the Blogs I've Thought I Loved Before

So, what makes us start a blog post and then abandon it midstream? I have a huge amount of drafts that never went public. It is one thing to talk to yourself, and quite another to relate what you are thinking and feeling to many. So, I thought it might be fun to take some lines that meant something to me at the time................the ones that stood out above all the muddle of previous draft posts, and share those.........and as long as I was doing that I might as well take random pictures from here and there and post those too. You might call what I am doing a blogland uprising.........in retaliation for all the perfectly crafted and well put together, painstaking worded and perfectly placed pictures that are usually offered on a blog. Then again I could just be doing this.........because my muse ship for this blog post has not come in. Who will ever know...........so here ........a few random thoughts and visions! This is the closest I have ever been to stream of consciousness on a blog. There are no rules, and everything is up for interpretation...............................................................

(Last Saturday evening the neighbors were transported back to Pompeii at the Mount Vesuvius Eruption Party we hosted at our home.)
(..........the combination of sensations that remind me of a pleasant memory..............the sight, sound, smell, color and texture....combined in correct measure and at just the right time....happened late this afternoon, as I was picking weeds................close to the ground. You cannot at will have these sensations ..............they occur naturally and at no particular given time.)
(It's special today..........it's raining cats in a dogs world!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this random post of bits!
I have only just started blogging and am finding it very addictive! I know what you mean about the drafts though and at first I was quite worried about the whole thing even though I wanted to do it. However, because of the choice element involved-no one is actually stuck in a room with me having to take a polite interest in my photos etc-it is very liberating as it takes away any guilt I might feel about boring people. It's great!
Love your cat too!