Sunday, September 7, 2008

Halloween is Busting Out All Over........



Halloween is busting out all over, and I do not even mind if it is weeks early....."witch" is unlike how I feel about the other holidays. Bunnies appearing before Easter........really annoy me............Santa arriving in summer with his shirt sleeves rolled up.......is another source of irritation. From an early age I have had an affinity for Halloween.......witness this drawing above that I found in my mother's closet ......done when I was in Junior High....... It is fitting that it came out of the closet.......symbolic really, as I feel that those who are shy about proclaiming their love for Halloween should take a stand, and come clean about Halloween! You know you love it.....you have to. What's not to like about it!


Well........the lady that writes the following blog, http://curioussofa.blogspot.com/that my friends at Yahoo Group Early, Cloth and Paint turned me on to, is not shy about Halloween. Prepare to be amazed at the spectacle of of her blog this time of year on antiques and Halloween, and her other curiosities. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Our Hands For Hope said...

what not to like?....where shall I begin?.... After 12 years of running the costume shop I learned I loved theatre and hated Halloween. I am a bah humbug of the Hallow's eve...The happiest parental moments were when my kids learned how to swim and hit the age that they no longer wanted to Trick or Treat! I now turn off ALL lights and don't open the door! HUMBUG...or should I say BEETLEGUISE.
But I LOVE Christmas!!!

Melissa Valeriote said...

Hi Susan! So great to finally meet you in person today. Iva's show was pure delight with so many treasures to choose from. I'm a huge fan of Curious Sofa. What I wouldn't give to spend a weekend in her store. Yay for Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun was that? Meaning chatting away and me not knowing it was YOU I was talking to!! Great to meet you, Sue!I'm sure our paths will be crossing again (maybe with a black cat)
D.