Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Off The Cuff..........

First Cuff.......Fista Cuffs........... Old velvet and found bangles.......

Who would think that the word cuff, with a variety of meanings, would be that big a deal. Apparently, I would.....I am fascinated by cuffs of all kinds. I decided to create my version of a cuff. I had some old material sample books that were crying out to be used, plus the fact that I was always tripping over them. The material from the small books was just the right size to fit around my wrist........serendipity......did I really write that? Anyway, it is no small feat to get the material out of the sample books. It was a struggle to take out the gigantic staples, and then scrape all the paper off the back of the material........but I must live up to the myth of the struggling artist. I timidly created the first cuff, and then was reminded....that there are no rules when creating art. What other pursuit can you do exactly what you want to do, and when you want to do it? What I want to do is everything, and my time of choice is between the hours of 11 PM and 3 AM........The cuffs below are just the beginning, and will continue until I am on to something else. They are one of a kind, and I plan to wear them at the end of a shirt that is either long sleeved or short sleeved. Word of warning, however, it's not the smartest thing in the world to wear them on a cruise ship.......they can be mistaken for sea sickness sea bands.........trust me I know.



Photo transfer/fabric.....treated to simulate oil cloth......

Handcuffs also have their place........but for now......it's Just these BeCuffs! And you know what I like best about them........they do not look "robotically" created.

2 comments:

William Bezek said...

Very nice, you may start a new fashion trend.

Melissa Valeriote said...

Looking good! Can't wait to get my hands on your upcoming Halloween Vine. Michael's label is so wicked and wonderful!