Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Folk Art a Most Excellent Adventure............

OK the American Folk Art Show is over, and what a success it was..........it had all of the right ingredients............beautiful weather, friendly people, wonderful antiques, clever folk art, good food and wine, and loyal customers milling about. You can say Success with a capital letter..........Below are a few photos from the picture perfect day.......



My table of goodies below........ in between friends Jack Roads and Nicol Sayer. We had fun seeing mutual friends and greeting potential new customers.

A few things up close, and still up for grabs..........

Welcome Inhabitots.....Tater Tots

Herding Cats in a Catgo Line

Hep Cat Eight to the Bar only four made it........


Lady Ca......diver

Evil Richard Employee of the Month from Hell..............

And now presenting the Featured Artist of the show......... my friend Freeland Tanner and his out of this world Tramp Art......First a work in progress and below it..........Masterpieces.....




One final note that capped the day......a woman came to my space and spent a long time looking at the array of art......I had a special Halloween table and like the other tables, I had props on it.......which included......four little rubber mice. After looking at everything for a great period of time she approached me and asked......how much for a mouse. I thought she was kidding...and chuckled........she was serious.......the only thing left to do was to just give her one....it made her day. You just never know what will strike a chord with some............here is what the next customer did when he saw the mice..........who knew.......mice would be such a hit..........

For my next show I am going to purchase a 1000 mice charge a 100 dollars each for them and call it a day!

3 comments:

William Bezek said...

Your table looked great...I think I have a crush on Evil Richard. I just love those bad boys. I'm sure I don't have enough pocket money for such an amazing piece of art? Mr. Tanner's work also blows my mind. I would love to see his process to fully appreciate what he has made of discarded wood as if it were butter cream frosting.

Pam Aries said...

I wish I could read what your post says..but I love the photos! I don't know why the text does not show up on the background (because the color is too close to the background. I guess) , but it seems others can read it ok! Waaaa!

Karen from A`Musements said...

Oh my ... the things you show us to make us (out of the area) crazy! How can you... taunting... teasing....
I have folk art envy.
Where to start? The gushing could go on and on. Your latest work is fabu, mon amie. And the tramp art--- well, I am still atingle.
The collision (a happy wreck indeed) between outsider art and folk art is the best of both worlds, is it not? Where else can you find a sublime carnival dummy and carved tramp art box so peacefully coexisting? I'm with William.... crushes all around!
xo
K