Saturday, June 19, 2010

Statue Maker

Remember that game..........swinging someone around by the arm, and then letting them go. Then the "swingee" had to pose, and freeze in the position they landed. I spent many a summer day into evening doing that with the neighborhood gang on our front lawn. Now that those days are gone..........I have "flung" a few statues around where I live now............and thankfully they have stayed put. In my courtyard.........a Fourth Generation Italian Garden Fountain Statue.........which could spout some history if I let it.....but I keep it turned off most of the time.
Then there is the Seasonal Entry Statue. Bust.....ready for Fall and Halloween........ in this photo, but it can quickly assume the guise of any season, or occasion.

I cannot image actually chipping away a block of mable.............seeing a form in negative space..............as these emerging Michaelangelo's .



However, I do negative space cutting when I freehand tin with my acetylene torch. Here are bone appetit statues frozen in tin.....

So I have flung and placed a few statues.........created a few, and envisioned a few. Guess you could say I am fascinated by the whole concept of statues no matter by what form, or fashion they are created. I must marvel at the patience a statue has...........to be without actual physical movement. Like these fabric Carnival Knockdowns.............Halloween and Exihibtion.....patiently waiting to be plummeted.....


Fabric statue Pin Keeps with tell tale expressions on their faces........waiting to be poked.

I could never pose like this for even a photograph below.............in a booth.......my feet would be sliding torward the door.
My cat Rio, and some of the animals on my ranch like to pose, freeze and play statue maker.



My two statue dogs the Count and the Countess.........



Grapestakes freezing while playing statue literally, on the road to my house............
Pillars.......are forever............posing as statues............
Since I am not one to stand. or be still let alone freeze, and pose.........it's a wonder, and an amazement to me how anything animate or inanimate can be a statue.............Now let me swing you!


No comments: