Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Taking Stock of the New Year!

OK.........last night I was reading a special edition magazine......and it said "How to Look and Feel Great at any Age in the New Year".......only one problem........... my age category was missing. Does that mean I am dead....that I have dropped off the earth.....disappeared into a black hole....or have I become the stuff of soylent green? What happened to flawless makeup tips for me, and looking sexy forever?

My role model for looking and feeling great would have to be...............


TA DA this fit .........hard as a rock babe. ........always with a cheerful expression, and perpetually exercising with outstretched arms. I used to see ladies like this every morning at 5:00 am when I went to the gym. I hated to exercise........so, I wore my sunglasses, and went in with my head down. Going to the gym has never been, and never will be a part of my social life. For some I can see that it is.......they walk a mile and talk the mile. I never made eye contact, I never spoke.......and the best part of the gym was leaving. The only men that would notice I was there, were those older than me simply because they could not believe someone that was not forty years younger than them was actually going to the gym.

Then there was my neighbor who stalked me every morning........he told me when he saw me there the last time...... ..........he would casually mention that it had been something like 183 days, one hour, 6 minutes, and 32 seconds ago since he last saw me. He would also report if any member of my family, or any other person that I might possibly know was at the gym., where they could be found, and exactly what they were doing.

I will never really look buff.........but maybe buff with a little fluff. To add insult to past injury.........currently, I have the little cartoon characters from Wii Fit harassing me to exercise at home. I just can't take it when they fling their little bodies, and heads down in defeat after I have done an exercise.

So now, on to another observation, why do I still have.........this in my closet? Do you think it dates me?

It's my ammo belt of blanks from the sixties......and I still have my peace sign earrings........because just like certain songs do........ they bring back memories, and Patty Hearst chic. Just the thought that the blanks could go off at any moment, if I sat the wrong way..... kept me an upstanding citizen.


My fountain of youth now is music..........and chocolate. ................lead me to both of them and I shall be in eternal bliss during 2009.............maybe all the bad cara.....mel and chocolate will......oops, make that bad karma, will disappear if I keep looking ahead and never look back to take stock of past.

4 comments:

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

OMG Sue! I just made the freakin' connection between Tinsell and Whimsy and who you are!!!! LOL! (takes me awhile sometimes) I saw your comment on Chris' blog (Designs by CK) and followed you home....so to speak!

I was one of the pfatties that came to visit your family winery back in April during Pfatt Fest! Fabulous tour and tasting too! Thank you so very much!!! In fact, I think I still have a Madonna Pinot Noir sqirreled away...for a special occasion...or emergency! Whichever comes first!LOL!

Love your fun art! I'll be adding a link to you for sure!

Enchanted Blessings!
Joycee

Malisa said...

Are we just blasts from the past? I miss being young, hot and sexy...getting "those" looks from men. But you know what? I really like life right now. Things hurt...my butt is huge...and exercise still sucks...that never changed! However, I do expect 2009 to be the best!

Malisa

Oops! Desperate Blogger~ said...

Chuckling here. I resemble this post too. Lead me to your chocolate stash...

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can meet at the gym. I'll be the one in the camouflage tank top. Between your belt and my t-shirt we can hold the Stair Master junkies hostage until the juice bar becomes the candy bar.
XO
D.